What is Pharmacogenetic testing (PGx) testing? This technology has been around for more than 8 years. Pharmacogenetics is the study of how a person's genetic makeup affects the metabolism of medications. PGx reports genetic variants in liver enzymes and can predict an individual's ability to metabolize medications. PGx testing can mean the difference between a treatment failure and a successful outcome.
Benefits of PGx testing:
Currently, adverse drug reactions are the 4th leading cause of death in the United States and resulting in over 136 billion dollars in annual healthcare costs.
- Improve patient compliance
- Saliva test (no blood draw needed)
- Reduce practice liability
- Comply with FDA's Black Box Warnings for medications requiring/recommending PGx testing
- Reduce healthcare costs
- Using the right medication right from the start
- Reduce risk for adverse drug reactions
Contact Us Today
PGx can be used as a tool by physicians for prescribing medications. This eliminates the trial and error prescribing and allows for better treatment right from the start. PGx testing lowers healthcare costs while lowering the risk for adverse drug reactions and prescribe safer dosages from the beginning.